Brook Arms Eaves Lane Chorley
Andrew Myerscough 1820 -1875
was landlord of the Brook Arms Chorley in 1871 Census he was married to Jane Dunderdale 1842
The landlords recorded were Thomas Brindle (1841), Henry Kellett (1846), John Banks (1851), John Rutter (1861), Richard Parker (1861), Edward Banks (1865), Andrew Myerscough (1871-74), James Wilding (1879-), Edward Fishwick (1901), Robert Cottam (1911) and William Henry Haworth (1936).
picture taken 2009
The Brooke's Arms was situated on the corner of Brooke Street and Eaves Lane in Chorley and was known as "The White House" for many years. It first appeared on records as an Inn in 1844 although the building was once called Crosse Hall Mill Farm, which appears in lease documents as far back as 1788 and was part of the Crosse Hall Estate, established by Richard Crosse in the early 15th century so the exact age of the White house is not known.